Monday, September 20, 2010

Uncertainty.

(As seen in my recent September prayer list email and here by request!)

"Here it is the middle of September and my mind still wants to put August on everything!! Ha ha. Hope this finds you well and settling into the end of summer, beginning of fall!

As you may or may not know, I've been Brooke-less and visitor-less in Jamaica now for over two weeks. God has certainly used this time to challenge and grow me. So many of the things I've had to face were unexpected and have felt vastly alone and/or unprepared for.

For the first two weeks, I was overwhelmed with these feelings of uncertainty and loneliness. The more I focused on those feelings the more frustrated and tired I became, which in turn made me feel more uncertain and lonely. Not a great cycle. As Christians we often forget that we are never supposed to be anxious, even in a fallen world that breeds uncertainty. We were designed to rely on God who never changes. He is always sure. He is always there, on our team. We don't ever have to question if He will be there to listen to us or speak into our lives. He is always working out His perfect plan.

It makes so much sense then that when we focus first on the uncertainty of life's issues, we feel lonely . . . It's because we are choosing to be alone in them.

Tough times are in no way easy to face, however, when we go through such challenges we are not alone in them. When uncertainty hits we can chose to trust first in God and avoid loneliness. He wants to be our supply, our strength, our everything. No matter what we face. This past week, He has shown me that time and time again. And this past week? It was soooo much better than those first ones where I struggled to stay afloat day-to-day. In fact things are coming together in ways that only He could have planned and foreseen. His promises will always overcome our problems.

Thank you for continuing to pray and be a part of my time in Jamaica. God's hand is at work here, and as I learn and re-learn to rely on Him I'm so thankful to be a part of it! I'm truly blessed to have each of you in my life as well. I pray that you'll continue to seek Him in whatever you're facing this day! Take care and keep in touch!

In Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment