Thursday, November 11, 2010

Have hope.

"For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." 
Romans 8:24-25

It's hard for me to put this into words.

These first months in Jamaica have flown by. I have been stretched and fulfilled and drained in ways far beyond anything I could have ever imagined or expected in starting out on this journey of faith. So much so that I am, here today, facing something every missionary dreads: the deep pit of burn out. Two very unfriendly words.

But there is hope.


You see, God has brought me on every step, every interaction, every hurt and frustration, every joy and every sorrow of this journey for a reason. And this Jamaican journey is far from over.

In His way, He is seeing me home to the States sooner than expected for the holidays. In fact, I arrive back on the West Coast in a mere two days--Saturday, November 13th--rather than the East Coast in a few weeks (although I will be back to Phila at the end of the month!). In my excitement to be surrounded by friends and family, I am struggling on many levels. Yet, I will continue to hope.

I have hope. Hope in knowing that just as these months have been costly, they have also been faith stretching. Hope in knowing that these months have been hard, requiring deeper faith and dependency on God. Hope in knowing that all of Christ is full within me, His incomparable power included. Hope in believing that He has called me and will protect me through the toughest of battles. Hope in finding His complete joy. Hope in trusting that He is able and His power and love conquer all. Hope in the unknown glory of all that is to come, so much more than this world. In this hope I will rest and put my faith.

All throughout this journey, even know as I'm exhausted on so many levels, I continue to be surrounded by encouragement and prayers from so many of you. For this I am so thankful and appreciative of the ways you've let God use you to make an impact. Thank you. In time I hope to share more of all that God is doing down here in Jamaica--even in the midst of trials and tribulation. The stories that will one day come out of this time already give me the chills. God is good, mi friends!

These next few weeks will be a time of healing, filling up, and seeking Him in the midst of it all. I look forward to seeing you face-to-face as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment